Manager of Customer Support
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2023
At Trengo, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Customer Support Manager to lead our customer and technical support teams. Together with the teams, you will be responsible for providing an incredible experience for our customers whether they reach out with a simple question or an issue they may be facing. You will do this by being responsible for setting up the strategy for the teams while making sure all the processes, policies, and communication tactics are well executed. As part of the Customer Experience department, you will work closely together with managers from other teams like Customer Success and Onboarding.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a management role of customer support teams, showing strong leadership, communication, and analytical skills, and being a role model and mentor to their team.
At Trengo, we believe in a world where technology empowers the relationship between companies and their customers. That’s why our mission is to build the smartest customer engagement platform to replace repetitive work with meaningful conversations. How do we do that? Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to communicate with customers via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With a Series A investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital and becoming one of the four official WhatsApp Business Solutions Providers in the Netherlands, we empower our customers to scale their businesses and optimize the channels their clients truly prefer.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
• You will manage the customer support team's day-to-day functions.
• You will implement and improve processes, workflows, and tools to enhance customer satisfaction.
• You will formulate and revise customer support policies and promote their implementation.
• You will deliver performance evaluations and following the disciplinary process according to company policies.
• You will oversee and evaluate the team's ongoing training efforts.
• You will inform the teams of all new information related to products, procedures, and trends.
• You will assess the support statistics and prepare detailed reports for the leadership team.
• You will ensure that service level agreements (SLAs) are consistently met.
• You will respond to specific escalated customer support issues.
• You will be in charge of interviewing and hiring new employees when necessary.
• You will work closely with other departments to improve the cross-collaboration.
What you are like
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
• You have prior experience in planning and executing specific initiatives while setting KPIs and objectives for the teams.
• You have proven experience as a customer support specialist, preferably within SaaS environment.
• You have prior experience in a managerial or supervisory role of customer/technical support teams.
• You have a data driven mindset and you always strive to meet yours and your teams’ goals.
• You have top-notch oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
• You are proud of your strong organisational and team management skills.
• You have a technical background or affinity in Customer Engagement Platforms.
• You are used to collaborating cross-functionally with internal departments to achieve common goals.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
• Finding yourself in a fast-growing company where your career can evolve. With the help of your number one supporter, your manager, you will follow our departmental growth tracks to pursue the career you want. This is one of the reasons for our positive Glassdoor reviews (4.5/5).
• We really value flexibility and trust our people. That’s why we work hybrid, and our people can work from abroadfor 60 days per year.
• Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
• An education budget of €1000 to feed your curiosity, extra budget for team trainings, and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
• 28 vacation days to rest, have fun, and travel as you wish. But, every once in a while, we also like to do it together. The last time, we went on an amazing trip to Valencia!
• Fancy learning Dutch? We also offer Dutch courses for our international employees!
• When you work from our beautiful office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together prepared by our in-house chef and workplace experience team. Also, your traveling expenses to Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Your recruitment experience at Trengo
We aim for our recruitment experience to be fast, enjoyable, and fruitful - for both sides. Via this link, you can see what you can expect from your recruitment journey with us.
Otherwise don’t worry, we understand if you don’t know what to do right now. You like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. We got you! I am Evangelos, your friendly recruiter and part of Trengo’s Talent Team. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good choice, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, feel free to ask a question in the flowbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.