Market Development Representative
Enersee is growing rapidly. We’ve raised €1.2 million in capital in June 2023 and we’re looking to scale up right now. We want more hospitals, offices, industry, … to become more energy efficient. But to realize our dream, our purpose, we need a to help us grow our sales efforts.
We (Maarten & Joachim) have a very good idea of what our product can do and who it can help. We know how to get our message out there, but we’re not the experts…yet. We need someone who can help us, the founders, get in touch with companies who might need our product.
That’s where you come in, right?
What’s the job?
Can you help us scale up our sales? Starting by developing our existing segments, adding new sales segments & identifying markets to reach. And be a bit creative in how to get there, we’re looking at you to find the efficient hacks to ramp up that process. We’re basically looking for someone who has the brains to think of the right strategies to scale up and is willing to do the work as well:
- Structuring and validating inbound leads.
- Filling up our sales pipeline through outbound outreach
- We are open to different approaches, let’s be very creative!
- Scheduling sales meetings
- Developing and executing marketing & content plans together with our Inbound growth team/Growth hacker/digital marketeers
But let’s be honest, we’re still building our sales engine and we have some ideas on what to do next, but we’re mostly looking to do that together with you & your skill set. Whether it’s more inbound or outbound, we’ll devise the strategy together and your job is simply to help the company grow. So we need you to be both hands-on and strategic.
We need someone that creates a workable sales structure, but is a-okay to still adapt that structure because start-up is chaos-up in the beginning. We focus hard on taming and streamlining the chaos constantly, but we know that growing fast means constant novelty and some inherent chaos during those first few years. You need to be fine with that too.
What’s your profile?
Difficult to describe this accurately, because we’re open to different people. We’ve tried to list a couple of things that we think are important to fitting in with the Enersee culture and qualities that complement our current team:
- You are a “hunter” through and through.
- You are not afraid of getting into contact with potential customers in different ways (talking to them at a conference, calling them, contacting them in a creative way, …)
- Developing a good understanding of the user’s perspective of an AI SaaS product in a B2B setting is something you would love to dive into.
- You are fluent in English, both in spoken and written communication. Additionally, you speak and write Dutch OR French (C1 or C2 level).
- You have developed the skills to enthusiastically communicate ideas and a product one way or another. Professional experience in B2B sales would be ideal and our offer will take this into account. But don’t be afraid to apply if you don’t have this experience yet.
That’s what we’d like you to know already. In terms of what kind of person you are:
- Above all else we value people who want to improve themselves. That means having a drive to grow continuously, wanting to get shit done.
We feel that this attitude will get you much further ahead in life than simply having a better education or background now. It’s what we ourselves thrive on.
- We don’t necessarily believe in the inherent value of diplomas and higher education. The upside we feel it does bring is that you generally are more critical of yourself and have developed certain analytical skills that we feel benefit our way of working and improving the product and the company.
So, if you have a higher education, great. If you don’t, but took a different path and feel you have built these capabilities in a different fashion, then don’t hesitate to apply for this job.
- You are persistent and resilient without becoming pushy. You have the ability to handle rejection and turn it into a learning how to better help the customer
- Feeding back information and learnings to the rest of the team comes natural to you.
You are one of the main contact points with our potential customers. Their concerns, ideas, and questions are vital to the rest of the team to keep improving the product.
What will you get in return
The material stuff:
- A market-conform base salary. We are still figuring out the gross salary range, and as soon as we’ve got a concrete set of numbers, we’ll add it here. But don’t hesitate to ask us about it on our first call.
- Fringe benefits (we’re in Belgium after all 😅) such as:
- Meal vouchers worth 8 euros a day
- Eco vouchers worth 250 euros a year
- An electric company car worth 35-50K
OR a mobility budget + the difference as additional benefits/salary plan it
(Let’s not put more cars on the road than necessary 😊)
- A national charging card (also in your private time)
- Hospitalisation insurance for you (free) and your family members (discount)
- 13th month & double vacation pay
- A laptop and a mobile phone
- We pay for your mobile phone service (30 euros a month) and help with your internet costs (30 euros a month)
- Because this is a sales-oriented role, there’s also a variable component that we’ll link to both your personal and company targets.
- The faster the company grows, the more your bank account grows
- If you’ve been in the company for a year, we can also offer shares of the company to you at a discounted price
We all have sustainable Enersee merch. Little stuff that feels comfy or is fun to use and also sustainable, the little extras…
The non-material stuff:
- You can work remotely or in the office however you prefer; it’s up to you and your work-life balance. We want to have an active bond, so it’s all about finding and making enough time to be a team.
- We love to celebrate milestones. The day we raised the capital, we all went to an amazing restaurant with the team and +1s. New milestones, new celebrations (open for suggestions ;-) )
- Training is important too. We deliberately plan time to have field experts help us push our skills. It’s the first thing to be postponed if we don't. So we’ll ensure you get enough time to invest in that.
- Once a week, we have a “Friday Wins” session to celebrate our weekly achievements. Lunch and drinks are on us while putting the accomplishments of our team members in the spotlight. (and for the people that want to: we head into town afterward) .