Head of Accounting
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 8 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, over 20 million listed products and 20000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are looking for an analytical, proactive, and ambitious Head of Accounting who is excited about setting up and improving financial processes in a dynamic environment. Creative Fabrica is on an ambitious growth trajectory, and you will be an essential contributor to this journey. Working closely with our Head of Finance, you will develop and improve our finance processes.
At Creative Fabrica, we value individuals who are passionate about their work, viewing it not just as a job but as a craft. This is the reason we are in pursuit of only the most exceptional talent. Our operations are conducted at a rapid pace, and we place our trust in your expertise and analytical skills to make decisions that have a significant impact.
What you will do:
- Lead accurate and timely month-end closing procedures and reporting.
- Drive automation and optimization in all financial processes
- Ensure compliance with worldwide sales tax and VAT rulings
- Control, monitor, and report departmental costs
- Assist in financial aspects when rolling out new initiatives, currencies, and payment methods
- Manage a team of two employees
- Analyze business results and prepare monthly reports and presentations to support business decisions
- Assist in the financial planning cycle by preparing and updating cash flow outlooks and forecasts
- Control and optimize end-to-end processes
- Responsible for annual reporting in accordance with applicable accounting rules and regulations, including coordination with external auditors
What you will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position such as controller or auditor
- Strong accounting background, preferably with knowledge of IFRS, complemented by a Master's degree in accounting or a related field
- Possess a sharp mind with a keen attention to detail, particularly in numerical analysis
- Advanced computer skills encompassing MS Office, accounting software (experience with Netsuite is a plus) and databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to identifying opportunities for improvement and initiating projects
- Ambitious individual committed to personal development at a rapid pace, contributing to the growth of our rapidly expanding organization
- Adaptable and flexible, willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Nice to have:
- An open and international mindset, aligning well with our company culture
- Ability to deal with large data sets
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the canter, working here means delicious lunches in the garden and access to our own CF library
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we all gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.