Lead Go Engineer
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 7 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
Want to help mature an AI powered platform that empowers over 14k designers and inspires millions of users?
Do you combine solid Go skills with an agile mindset? Do you enjoy an international setting where pioneering is the name of the game? And do you want to help mature a creative platform that democratizes the design sector? Welcome on board!
As Lead Go Engineer, you’ll
- Build squeaky-clean (production-grade) code for our platform and its individual components, including a generative AI tool that has already produced over 40+ million images.
- Ensure we stay on course. E.g., by limiting tech debt, fostering a collaborative spirit, and co-creating an effective way of working.
- Contribute to the launch of community tools.
- Promote agility and, together with the team, iterate fast and make data-driven decisions.
- Steer technical roadmaps and guide responsible innovation.
- Contribute to a culture where feedback and knowledge-sharing are a given.
As Lead Go Engineer, you are one of the drivers of ongoing platform success and (help) develop and deliver products and apps that are seen, utilized, and (hopefully) loved by 4m+ global users. Given the scope and complexity, the role calls for in-depth tech expertise, as well as the ability to rally peers behind your vision. Wearing the 'Lead' hat means a high level of technical leadership in the domain, rather than managerial responsibilities, which we hope you’ll consider a plus. 😉 Together with fellow developers, engineers, designers, and product managers, you’ll zoom in on forward-looking products and services. These include AI-driven tools, some of which are quickly maturing, while others are still in their infancy, like our chatbot. What does our expanding user community expect and desire from us? And how can we deliver? You’ll also build and implement services that interact with the platform to ensure scalability, reliability, and security.
To amplify your impact, you’ll need to deal well with fluidity and ambiguity: we find our path as we walk it, so if you never leave for a meeting without printed directions (“but my phone could run out of battery”), this role might not be your cup of Lapsang. Success calls for a ‘problems only exist for me to solve them’ mentality, a pioneering spirit, and a passion for raising (and clearing) the bar. Not solo, but with the team.
Your track-record includes
- 6+ years of relevant software engineering experience: you can write, deploy, and support production code for high-traffic, high-volume sites.
- Go, GraphQL, AWS, MySQL, and PostgreSQL have been crossed off your bucket list.
- A solid API and microservices track record (design, build, operate, improve).
- Experience with SQL databases, mainly MySQL and PostgreSQL, and NoSQL datastores.
- An agile mindset: while we don’t strictly adhere to Agile standards, we sure embrace the philosophy.
- Cherries on the cake would be Kafka, Kubernetes, and full-stack capabilities.
Why join Creative Fabrica?
- Attractive compensation: we value your work, dedication, and skillset. And that’s reflected monthly.
- Changes of scenery: our office is comfy, but you can work up to 30 days from home, or wherever.
- Stylish kit: laptop, collaboration tools, killer accessories: you got it. All you have to do is knock out a great Creative Fabric design and sticker them up. 😉
- Lavish lunches: lunches taste better (and last longer) in our garden.
- Fun times: sure, we work hard, but we aren’t allergic to fun: the first one to suggest we break up the Friday afternoon office party has to buy a round at the local bar!
- The chance to help disrupt an industry for the better, at a vibrant and fast-growing scaleup.
Get to know us
We can’t wait to tell you more about our plans. Reach out by clicking on that apply button.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!