Data Scientist (Image Generation)
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 7 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
You will be working on the forefront of the generative AI revolution, using your creative problem solving and analytical skills to experiment with state-of-the-art deep learning models in order to produce high-quality results across different content categories for our 4 million+ users worldwide.
The tasks include experimenting with new ML models, new datasets and new content types. The work involves AI fields such as generative AI and Computer Vision, and related fields. We work with pretrained models, we fine-tune models and we build our own novel model architectures. Good understanding of the latest AI methods is required. This includes but is not limited to popular model components such as Transformers, Variational Autoencoders and U-Nets. Required is also a good understanding of pretrained models such as Stable Diffusion, Dall-E, Imagen, GPT-4, etc. Diving into the latest research, understanding papers and their code is important.
What you will do:
- Work on visual content generation technology, from initiating new ideas to prototyping and launch.
- Research the latest and greatest tech and creatively experiment with novel AI methods.
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems.
- Document and present algorithm specifications, including lifecycle and validation considerations.
- Work with engineers to productionize, optimize and scale model-based services.
- Contribute to team patterns and best practices.
And to have a glimpse of some of the amazing stuff we do on the tech side, here is a fresh piece by An Tran, our Head of Engineering about how Creative Fabrica is supporting creators with Generative AI.
What you will bring:
At Creative Fabrica, your path to success is paved when you thrive in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment. We highly appreciate proactive individuals who actively seek and provide kind and constructive feedback. And we really dig a solutions driven problem solver with a keen eye on innovation. Moreover, a genuine enthusiasm for learning and a dedication to personal and professional development are qualities we value. Having excellent verbal and written communication skills definitely helps here too!
And here are the specific skills and capabilities we are looking for in this role:
- Master's degree in AI or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with implementing modern deep learning methods, from initial data and model selection through to results evaluation and optimization.
- Experience with state-of-the-art pretrained models such as Stable Diffusion and others
- Professional programming experience in Python beyond scripting: knowledge of basic paradigms (e.g. Object-oriented programming), related tools (e.g. Git) and core libraries and frameworks (e.g. PyTorch).
- Experience with image processing in Python.
Let us take care of you.
- We embrace state-of-the-art technologies. We firmly believe in the potential of AI as the future of work. You will see us using Copilot and ChatGPT in our daily work.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check, check and check again!
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we gather at the bar across the street and start celebrating the weekend.
Ready to join us?
Here is what you can expect in the recruitment process:
- Call with our tech recruiter
- Take home assignment
- System Design conversation
- Interviews with our CTO, Engineering Director and CEO
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!