France Expansion Manager (Amsterdam or Remote)
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
As the Expansion Manager, you will play a pivotal role in leading our company's expansion efforts into new geographies. You will find the crafters in your local market and delight them with Creative Fabrica’s magic. For this, you will use proven growth strategies (content, affiliates, partnerships…) and tailor them as appropriate. This is a super hands-on role, in which you will have direct responsibility over a scope that is critical for the future of the company. In this position, you will report directly to Thomas, our COO.
- Market Analysis: Your role will be to build a detailed understanding of your market and make appropriate recommendations for sustainable growth. You will do so by mapping the crafting ecosystem in your local market (e.g. bloggers, events, partners, influencers).
- Playbook Localization: Your main focus will be to localize and execute proven playbooks. Your role is to make sure every task is executed down to the last detail, and then assess which ones are the most successful for your market. We're all about intensity and iteration here.
- Business development: As part of the playbooks, you will engage with stakeholders (e.g. crafting bloggers, events, partners, influencers) to build Creative Fabrica’s presence locally.
- Reporting: You will be responsible for regular reporting on task progress and completion. This helps us to keep track of our team's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Team Collaboration: You will work closely with other team members (Finance, Marketing, Management, …) to complete tasks on schedule and ensure expansion strategy fits within their objectives.
- Knowledge building: As the first expansion manager, you will create a repository of documents and best-practices, together with Thomas our COO, that future expansion managers can use and scale to more geographies.
- Supporting Company Culture: As part of the internationalization team, you will contribute to our vibrant, positive & diverse culture. We believe in making work enjoyable and fostering a collaborative and fun environment.
Working at Creative Fabrica
At Creative Fabrica we look for and work with individuals who are passionate about what they do, not just as a job, but as a craft. We believe our technology will make or break the company, and this is why we are hiring only exceptional talent. In return, we give you trust. This means that you will work on code that hits millions of eyeballs each month. We move fast, and we trust you and your skills.
The kind of person we are looking for
- Mastery of French: speak, write & read. You speak excellent French.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Detail Oriented: Excellent attention to detail to ensure tasks are executed as per the playbook.
- Technology Proficiency: Familiarity working with online tools and software to track and manage tasks effectively.
- Process Understanding: Understanding of standard operating procedures and the ability to follow them rigorously.
- Data Analysis: Ability to understand and interpret basic performance metrics.
- Reporting Skills: Competence in documenting and reporting task progress and completions.
Required Soft Skills
- Autonomy: You are hands-on, and can work independently to get the job done
- Adaptability: Ability to quickly adapt to feedback from the market and new methodologies as they are introduced.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Even when following a playbook, unexpected challenges can arise. Experience or demonstrated ability in problem-solving could be very beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills (English, French) for effective team collaboration and reporting.
- Proactivity: Taking the initiative to improve processes and quality of work where possible, within the playbook guidelines.
- Patience and Persistence: Some tasks might require a great deal of focus and time to execute perfectly.
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills to balance multiple tasks effectively.
- Positive Attitude: Maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude, contributing to the overall team morale.
Nice to have
- Industry Experience: While not necessary, having some background or experience in your specific industry could be beneficial and allow the candidate to hit the ground running.
- Multilingual: The ability to speak more than one language could be a valuable asset for future country expansion.
- Training Skills: Ability to train others in task execution could be useful for the overall efficiency of the team.
Let us take care of you
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we turn on the speakers, and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!