Senior Go Engineer
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
We are looking for an ambitious and skilled Senior Go Engineer to play a key role in the development and delivery of our software products and apps serving over 4m+ users across the globe.
What you will do:
As a member of our tech team in Amsterdam, and together with fellow developers, engineers, designers, and product managers, you will contribute to the development of innovative solutions that cater to the requirements of our expanding user community. This empowers users to maximize the benefits derived from our products and services. Additionally, you will have the responsibility of designing and implementing systems that interact with our continuously evolving AI-powered platform, ensuring that what you deliver is scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Write production-grade product and platform code.
- Work with a strong agile mindset. Iterate fast and make data-driven decisions.
- Take responsibility for component technical designs and deliver quality code.
- Promote feedback and knowledge sharing culture.
Projects you can look forward to:
- CF Spark. Our very own Generative AI tool for which customers have already generated over 40+ million images in the last couple of months
- Launch our Mobile Apps for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Develop our Community Tools. Kicking this off with our very own AI Chatbot.
And to have a glimpse of some of the amazing stuff we do on the tech side, here is a fresh piece by An Tran, our Head of Engineering about how Creative Fabrica is supporting creators with Generative AI.
What you will bring:
At Creative Fabrica, your path to success is paved when you thrive in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment. We highly appreciate proactive individuals who actively seek and provide kind and constructive feedback. Moreover, a genuine enthusiasm for learning and a dedication to personal and professional development are qualities we value. And having excellent verbal and written communication skills definitely helps here too!
And here are the specific skills and capabilities we are looking for in this role:
- Experience and growth as a professional software engineer (4+ years of experience).
- Experience writing, deploying and supporting production code for high-traffic, high-volume e-commerce sites.
- Experience with Go, GraphQL, gRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Experience with AWS and cloud data / compute infrastructure in general.
- Experience designing, building and operating microservices and associated APIs.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Additional experience with Kafka, Kubernetes and NoSQL data stores preferred.
- Full stack experience and capabilities preferred.
Let us take care of you.
- We embrace state-of-the-art technologies. We firmly believe in the potential of AI as the future of work. You will see us using Copilot and ChatGPT in our daily work.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check, check and check again!
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we gather at the bar across the street and start celebrating the weekend.
Ready to join us? Here is what you can expect in the recruitment process:
- Call with our tech recruiter
- Take home coding assignment
- Interview with one of our lead engineers
- Interviews with our CTO, Engineering Director and CEO
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!