Lead Cloud Platform Engineer
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
As Cloud Platform Engineers, our job is to create, grow, and take care of the Creative Fabrica platform. We're on the lookout for folks who are super passionate about what they do, not just because it's a job, but because it's their craft. Our product is no walk in the park, but that's what makes it exciting! We've got tons of digital goodies, our very own video on demand solution, and we handle loads of new stuff coming in every day, plus a bunch of transactions, API integrations, and monitoring. We truly believe that our tech is what will make or break the company, so we're only interested in hiring top-notch talent.
What you will do:
- Power up our site infrastructure to keep pace with the company's explosive growth and cutting-edge advancements!
- Set the standard for observability best practices across our entire tech stack, making sure nothing escapes our keen eyes.
- Take the helm and pioneer the creation of a fully automated, developer self-service platform, unleashing lightning-fast execution and seamless continuous delivery.
- Blaze a trail by researching, developing, and implementing top-notch infrastructure management standards for our cloud accounts (AWS and GCP).
- Collaborate with our AI team to construct an infrastructure that ignites rapid, high-scale deep learning exploration, development, and deployment.
- Stand tall as the champion of our DevOps culture, empowering our product teams to conquer tasks at warp speed with utmost safety.
- Dive into the on-call rotation, fearlessly debugging and resolving issues that dare to impede our progress.
And to have a glimpse of some of the amazing stuff we do on the tech side, here is a fresh piece by An Tran, our Head of Engineering about How Creative Fabrica is supporting creators with Generative AI.
What you will bring:
At Creative Fabrica, your path to success is paved when you thrive in a dynamic and occasionally ambiguous environment. We highly appreciate proactive individuals who actively seek and provide kind and constructive feedback. And we really dig a solutions driven problem solver with a keen eye on innovation. We set the bar high for quality, and you're the type who lifts others up to meet that standard. Oh, and having excellent communication skills to influence up the management chain definitely helps here too!
Here are the specific skills and capabilities we are looking for in this role:
- 6+ years experience operating and supporting a high-volume, high-performance, cloud-based distributed computing environment, with 2+ years experience showing progressive levels of responsibility and leadership.
- You are the master in developing automation solutions in a continuous deployment environment
- Harness the power of Terraform, containers, and cutting-edge monitoring solutions to conquer any technological challenge.
- Dive deep into the realm of Cloud Native architectures, embracing their concepts and approaches with unwavering expertise.
- Demonstrate your experience as a trailblazing engineer who leads across organizational and team boundaries.
- Share your wealth of knowledge through hands-on education and training sessions, empowering fellow developers with invaluable insights.
And to top it off:
- You will have a line up of current AWS certifications, while your possession of GCP certification adds an extra spark.
- Be able to dive into the heart of complex production incidents in cloud-based applications and services, conquering challenges with your troubleshooting prowess.
- Embark on an adventure of developing and deploying solutions in PHP, Python, and Go.
- Show your mastery in capacity planning and budgeting, wielding your expertise to optimize resources and drive efficiency like a true maestro.
- Dive into the exciting world of cloud platform cost management, mastering the art of optimizing expenses and maximizing value.
- Immerse yourself in the dynamic world of DevSecOps, forging a secure and agile path to success.
Let us take care of you.
- We embrace state-of-the-art technologies. We firmly believe in the potential of AI as the future of work. You will see us using Copilot and ChatGPT in our daily work.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Work Remote OR in the office. For this position is it possible to:1. Work from anywhere in the European time zone .2. Work from our office in Amsterdam, with 30 remote days where you can work from anywhere. Working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we all gather at the bar across the street, and start celebrating the weekend.
Ready to join us?
Here is what you can expect in the recruitment process:
- Call with our tech recruiter
- Interview with our Engineering Director
- Interview with one of our engineers
- Interviews with our CTO and CEO
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!