Senior Software Engineer
We're Creative Fabrica, a fast scaling tech start-up from Amsterdam.
Enable creativity by giving access to everything related to the creative process: inspiration, learning, creating and sharing. The ‘Creative Inspiration Flywheel’
This creates a self-sustaining community that lives within the Creative Fabrica ecosystem.
About the platform
We launched in 2016 as a marketplace for fonts with a subscription service. In the last 6 years we have been through tremendous growth, and we're just getting started!
We have scaled to 40 million+ monthly page views, viewing over 10 million+ listed products from 14000+ active designers.
Our focus is to create a platform for designers that enables them to offer exceptional high-quality content. We make their products searchable in unique ways. This allows our customers to speed up their workflow, allowing them to focus on what they love most: Creating.
We are growing. Fast. You will help us grow even faster.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the development and delivery of the backend of our mobile Apps. You will work as part of a team of engineers, designers, and product managers to develop innovative solutions that meet the needs of our growing user community, empowering them to get the most from our products and services. You will be responsible for designing and implementing systems that interact with our evolving AI-powered platform, as well as ensuring that what you deliver is scalable, reliable, and secure.
What you will do:
- Write production-grade product and platform code.
- Work with a strong agile mindset. Iterate fast and make data-driven decisions.
- Take responsibility for component technical designs and deliver quality code.
- Promote feedback and knowledge sharing culture.
You will bring:
- Experience and growth as a professional software engineer.
- Experience writing, deploying and supporting production code for high-traffic, high-volume e-commerce sites.
- Experience with Go, GraphQL. Experience with PHP is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and cloud data / compute infrastructure in general.
- Experience designing, building and operating microservices and associated APIs.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Additional experience with Kafka, Kubernetes and NoSQL data stores preferred.
- Full stack experience and capabilities preferred.
- Experience working within a technology function.
- Comfort working in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Passion for learning and continued self-development.
- Proactive in seeking and giving kind, constructive feedback.
- Excellent verbal communication.
Let us take care of you.
- Competitive Compensation: We believe that hard work, skills and ambition should be fairly compensated.
- Flexibility: 30 remote days per year. Need a change of scene? Take your laptop, pack a bag and work from the woods, your parents' place or the beach.
- The best tools and stylish kit: Laptop. Check. Collaboration tools. Check. Killer accessories. Check.
- Awesome Office: Based in a beautiful office in the centre, working here means delicious lunches in the garden, Friday beers at our local bar, and access to our own CF library.
- TGIF: Work Life balance is important - we work hard together, and we have fun together. On Fridays we gather at the bar across the street and start celebrating the weekend.
Is this you?
Get in touch! We'd love to speak to you.
You can apply by clicking the "Apply now" button.
Creative Fabrica is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested in roles similar to this? Subscribe to our newsletter and get notified about new relevant openings!
Something looks off?